Saturday, November 7, 2009

First post

I graduated from the University of North Dakota in 1994 with a Masters in Physical Therapy. I have worked for community based hospitals located in Gillette, WY; Sioux City, IA and currently in Cherokee, IA since my graduation. Working in community based hospitals have given me insights into care for a wide variety of patients in a broad spectrum of clinical environments. My primary interests have been in outpatient orthopedics but I have also delivered care in acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, and skilled care.


By working general outpatient orthopedics it has given me the opportunity to work with patients of all ages, races and types of diseases and injuries. I also worked as manager of a rehab department for nine years before deciding to get back into full time patient care, which offered and amazing insight into management and leadership.  My passion is to assist in the management of rehabilitating optimal movement, through creating an environment of efficient function in all three planes of motion for my patients.  To be able to see patients move again with their body will also affect their mind and spirit to become more alive and move forward also.

I have been blessed to learn from many great physical therapists through my years through continuing education courses.  I am currently also enrolled in the transitional DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) Program through Des Moines University. Anticipated graduation is December of 2010.  I have been a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and been able to serve on Iowa Physical Therapy Association Board in the past.

All of these opportunities have given me wonderful chances to learn more about the human body, mind and spirit and the amazing connection between them. I hope to share and discuss some of the many things that I have been able to learn trough the years to help people optimize their movement and overall health.   Through movement we know things are alive, hopefully we can use movement with physical activity and exercise to find success in life -- which I like to define as: Peace of body, mind and spirit that I am listening and fulfilling, God’s perfect plan for me.  By managing my God given physical, mental and spiritual gifts to serve and witness to others, while maturing in my relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment